Wednesday 8 February 2012

Learning to be Happy

This little item by Tracey Durrani impressed me and I felt that it might be of interest to you.

Tracey wrote: “Recently I have been going through some pretty tough times and some difficult changes to my family. I should feel sad, lonely, confused and slightly overwhelmed. Remarkably though, I don't!

"Everyone around me keeps telling me how surprised they are that I am handling things pretty well. Don't get me wrong...I do have my moments, but for the most part I am doing fantastic!

"I guess the majority of people would feel overwhelmed and depressed....but when you have done the work that I have been doing for the last 3 years, you learn important life skills and tools to THINK and BE positive in any situation.

"Controlling your wandering mind, and the lies it wants you to believe, is the number one key to being happy and fulfilled, no matter what life is throwing you!

"Even though this is true....it is not always easy to do; unless you have trained your mind to stop mid thought so that you can reprogram it with new positive thoughts.

"It's taken me years to master this and some days I still have a hard time....believe me it is much easier to wallow in self-pity, be a victim and blame others for your miserable life, than it is to stay positive and take full responsibility for where you are and how you got there! I can guarantee you though...you will not find peace, happiness or success until you do!

"Here's one great technique that I use to help me stay positive and turn a bad day into a GREAT day...I stop that little voice in my head that wants to be angry and vent and blame, and I say two or three things that I am Grateful for and force a smile! Sometimes, I don't have to force the smile...it just happens naturally when I am thankful and Grateful.

"Being Grateful is a great tool to start with if you are just beginning your journey and feel sad or unhappy! This is just one tool you can use...there are so many more and if you would truly like to transform your life then learning how to think positively and turn negative thoughts into positive ones is the key!

"Remember you have the power within you to access happiness anytime you want! You just have to learn how!”

No comments:

Post a Comment