Everyone seems to be in a hurry to get fit, but how many people actually understand the importance of being healthy and fit?
Just about every news story, talk show, web site, magazine article mentions that it is necessary to be fit and to adopt a positive attitude towards our body and its fitness.
Remember, our body stays with us till the day we die so it is essential that we take good care of this valuable asset and keep it fit and healthy.
The health of our body also affects our emotional well being and attitude. You don't have to be a martial arts expert to be fit. A few simple exercises and life style modifications tailored according to your age, circumstance and health condition can go a long way in ensuring that you keep fit and healthy.
Here are a few good reasons to keep your body fit and going:
- A healthy body gives rise to a healthy mind. Our attitude and mental wellbeing depend to a great extent on the state of our bodies.
- Fitness is a saving grace when you are faced with a life threatening situation. You will need to be in perfect shape if you ever need to run for your life.
- A fit and healthy person has a high level of self esteem and will feel confident when compared to his or her unfit peers.
- Exercise and fitness regimens are essential to keep the body functioning normally. You can keep problems like diabetes, hypertension, and heart ailments at bay if you make sure to exercise regularly.
- Free radicals in the environment and those generated by the body, thanks to unhealthy eating habits, take a toll on the body. Exercise helps combat accumulation of free radicals. Your body can handle chemicals and toxins better if you exercise regularly.
- Exercise is a must to keep your heart fit and pumping. Exercise builds up the muscles for the heart.
- Exercise ensures bone and muscle strength.
- If your body is fit you feel energized and your mental sharpness and concentration levels get a boost.
The foods we eat and our lifestyle determine our fitness levels. These are things over which we have a say. It is up to you to make the necessary modification in your diet and lifestyle so that your body stays fit and healthy.
Your age or physical ability should not be a hindrance in finding a good fitness plan. Keep your body fit and you will find yourself feeling revitalized and happy.
Just found this great FREE e-book about Fitness Fundamentals with links to some great websites – download your personal copy immediately at http://tiny.cc/FitForLife